January 31, 2016

Get a Man

Howdy There and Happy Sunday!!  It's me Shari with you today, which means I've got a little something something to share with you!  With Valentine's Day a couple of weeks away, I'm keeping our Cowgirl Strength stamp set busy in preparation--


---I just love the haughty way this cowgirl is pulling her glove on!  Watch out--she means business this Valentine's Day!! 


I started this card by making a master board with DecoArt Media fluid acrylic paints that I brayered onto a piece of mixed-media paper.  I added polka dots using a pencil eraser then stenciled hearts onto the MB using black modeling paste. 


Here's the finished master board before I started cutting it up.  This MB is 9" x 12" so I will be able to get lots of fun background panels from this!


I cut out my background panel and gave it the grunge treatment with roughed up and inked edges, paint lines, a stitched border and paint splatters. 


I stamped this cowgirl onto mixed-media paper with black pigment ink and heat embossed with clear EP.  I fussy cut and attached to the panel with matte Decou-Page.  I outlined her image with Black Soot DI and my water brush then outlined again with white gel pen. 



I altered this quote a bit and turned 'can't' into 'can'....The original quote says "You can't get a man with a gun", but this cowgirl is all about 'can' and she'll be gettin' her man for Valentine's Day!! 


I adhered the word bands onto the panel with matte Decou-Page and outlined with Black Soot DI and my water brush and white gel pen.  I mounted the finished panel to a piece of black card stock and adhered to a purple card base. 

Thank ya'll for coming by for a visit with me today.  Now, it's time for me to giddy-up for another week, but I hope ya'll will come back and visit again soon!! 

Designer:  Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy

3 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Perfect card! Thanks for the step-by-step, too. xoxo, Aimeslee

Deb said...

What a fun card Shari, love it! Deb xo

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous cowgirl strength!
Alison x