November 29, 2015

Are You Ready for Some Football?

Happy Sunday!!  It's me, Shari with you today sharing my weekly project--I'm still playing around with our Go Team stamp set and am even using another piece of master board I made back in September.  See, hoarding some of your pieces is a good thing! 


The images in the Go Team set take me right to vintagey, warm colors and I knew a piece of the Autumn-y master board, from my On the Leaves of Babes card, would be a perfect background for these images. 


Here's a picture of the master board in its 'before' state.  After today's card, I'll only have one piece left.  I may hoard it a little longer....


I stamped the football image onto kraft glassine with Jet Black Archival.  I outlined with white gel pen then glued the pieces of glassine onto black stock and fussy cut.  I stamped the loving cup image onto manila stock with Watering Can Archival then heat embossed with silver embossing powder.  When the embossing was set, I carefully fussy cut and inked the edges.


I stamped the pennants and two teammates onto coffee stained mixed-media paper with Potting Soil and Jet Black Archival inks.  I water colored the boys with my water brush and Distress Markers and fussy cut them and all of the pennants. 


I stamped the quote onto coffee stained mixed-media paper and carefully fussy cut then mounted onto black card stock and fussy cut into bands.  The stadium image was stamped onto tissue paper with Jet Black Archival and adhered to the surface of the background panel with matte Decou-Page. 


I added machine stitching to the background panel before adhering everything into place.  After I glued down the pennants, I ran the panel through my sewing machine again to give them a stitched border, too.  The boys were adhered with foam dots and given one of the silver loving cups and a pile of footballs.  I adhered the finished panel to a dark brown card base that I also gave a stitched border to. 

I think this could be one of my favorite cards I've made with our Go Team stamp set, so far.  It's positive and there's so much to look at and the machine stitching adds fun interest.  If you've got a sewing machine, I highly recommend adding it to your inventory as a go-to piece of crafting equipment.  So much creative 'Ooomph' with little effort! 

You know what else I was thinking?  With Christmas right around the corner, the Go Team stamp set would make a perfect gift for the crafter in your family--especially if there are football fans in the family, too?  It would be a gift that would keep on giving, all year long!!  Hint Hint!!

Thanks for joining me today!  See you next week!!

Designer: Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy

3 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Love your silver trophies and warm earthy colour palette - you're right, the leafy masterboard is a perfect setting for these great sporty vintage images.
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Shari
I am blown away by this card.
If you could see me, I am leaning into the screen taking in all the details and textures. Always love when your machine stitching makes an appearance and it is perfect for this card, bringing to mind the stitching on the footballs.
Stunning card.
Wishes
Lynne

Cocofolies said...

Just pinned your card Shari, so fabulous!!!! I don't love specially neither football nor masculine cards... But your is just so beautiful and perfect in each and every detail!
Coco xox