August 9, 2015

Dream, Fisher Girl

Hi There!! Happy Sunday!!  It's me, Shari here with you today with a card I made using two sets of Artistic Outpost stamps-Keeper and Huck Finn


I love mixing & matching my AO stamps.  The beach house and 'Fisher Girl' images are from the Keeper set, the words are from the Huck Finn set and they look terrific together!! 

 
My background is a gelli print that I was experimenting with earlier this week.  I layered stamped images, tissue tape, stenciling and machine stitching to the panel.  I distressed the edges with my paper distresser and inked with Black Soot DI and my ink blending tool. 
 
 
I stamped 'Fisher Girl' onto a separate piece of mixed-media paper with Jet Black Archival and water colored with my Distress Markers and my water brush.  I fussy cut her and adhered her to the panel with matte Decou-Page.  I outlined her with my water brush and black Soot DM. 
 
 
I stamped the words onto a piece of mixed-media paper with Jet Black Archival and heat set.  Then I inked the panel with Tea Dye DI and my ink blending tool and heat set, then applied a layer of matte Decou-Page over the entire surface.  I heat set then brushed a coat of Crackle Glaze over the surface and let air dry. 
 
 
When the glaze was dry, I rubbed Walnut Stain DI over the surface and into the cracks with my ink blending tool.  I cut each word out and rubbed the edges with more Walnut Stain DI. 
 
 
I adhered the word bands onto the panel with matte Decou-Page and outlined with my water brush and Black Soot DI and my white gel pen.  I attached each little rusty wire heart with my tiny attacher. 
 
 
I outlined my happy Fisher Girl with my white gel pen and gave the panel a splatter of Scattered Straw Distress Paint with a round paint brush.  I heat set, then gave the panel a spritzing of Walnut Stain Distress Marker with my air art tool.  I heat set the surface one final time and adhered the finished panel to a rusty orange card base.
 
Thanks so much for joining me today!  We are in a brand new month of our Show Us Your AO Art Challenge, so come on over and show us what you've got! 
 
Designer:  Shari Trumbull


No comments: