August 23, 2015

Adventure a Little

Happy Sunday!!  It's me, Shari and I'm back with a quickie tag I made this week just for the sake of having a little creative adventure. 


The Generation Redux set has been on my craft table and I can't help but use this image of this wonderful young woman-again.  It's all about her glasses for me! 


I'm working on a #8 manila tag that I spritzed with water, then squeezed Lemon Yellow, Alizarin Crimson & Ultramarine Blue Color Bursts over.  I let the CBs do their CB thing, then heat set when I was happy with the blending.  I used several stencils to add a little extra interest in the background, before starting my stamping. 


I stamped her image directly onto the tag and onto a separate piece of mixed-media paper with Jet Black Archival.  I water colored the image stamped onto the mixed-media paper with Distress Markers and my water brush and fussy cut.  I ran the tag through my sewing machine to add a messy, stitched border, then I adhered the fussy cut image to the tag and applied little dots of Diamond Glaze to her glasses. 


I added Remnant Rubs and lines of paint here and there with an old gift card.  I gave the young lady a shadow of Black Soot DI using my water brush, then I outlined her again with my white gel pen.


I stained a Mirrored Star with alcohol ink and a long piece of seam binding with Distress Markers and attached to the tag.  I attached a Typed Token to the messy bow with a jump ring and spritzed the entire tag with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist.  Talk about quick!  Not quite an under 10 minute creation, but definitely under 30, especially with the help of a heat tool!! 

Thanks so much for joining me here at Artistic Outpost today!!  Don't forget--Bring your AO creations to our monthly Show Us Your AO Art Challenge!  You've got until August 31st at 11:55pm CDT to enter and there's the chance of winning a $15 gift certificate to the AO online store!!  Hope to see you there!!

Designer: Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy

No comments: