June 25, 2015

Enjoy The Beauty of The Season

Welcome to my weekly post for Artistic Outpost.
I am showcasing the MIDWINTER stamp set this week, set against a brayered background. I placed a frame into the centre of my card and then brayered over the frame with Broken China followed by touches of Brushed Pewter Distress Paints. The Brushed Pewter adds a wonderful shimmer to the background. I then flicked touches of each paint to the background to give delicate splatters. I then removed the Frame which leaves an aperture for my focal imagery.
I placed the Star Layering Stencil into the centre of the aperture and applied Broken China Distress Ink over the stencil. I then stamped the stag with Potting Soil Archival Ink, placed  a mask over the first image and then stamped him once again. I also added the sentiment to the top of the aperture.
I added a decorative bow, coloured with Broken China Distress Ink and I added touches of SnowTex to add to the frosty/snowy feel of my piece. I also attached a token and addes some foliage which is covered with Distress Glitter adding yet more shimmer to the design.
This picture highlights the shimmer from the glitter a little more and you can also see the layers added to my design with the stamping and stencilling.
I die cut 25 from card and then coloured with Broken China Distress Ink and then added a coat of Clear Rock Candy. I also added touches of SnowTex to the aperture.
I also decorated the inside of my card, again with a brayered background and stamped the stag and sentiment once again.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x

No comments: