March 29, 2015

Wonder and Think

Hi There!  It's me, Shari!  Thanks for joining me for my Sunday posting here at Artistic Outpost--It's the last Sunday of March at that!!  April is just a few days away now and I have to admit that I'm already 'wondering and thinking' about Summer!  I just can't help myself. 


  I was playing around with techniques this week and using different mediums, and thought this Distress Painted background would look wonderful with this image from the Generation Redux stamp set.  I just love this demure looking young woman-Don't let those glasses fool you! 


I used Tim Holtz's remnant rub resist technique with Abandoned Coral and Ripe Persimmons Distress Paints.  I used Jet Black StazOn to stamp the young woman onto my tag and onto a piece of mixed-media paper.  I water colored her image on the mixed-media paper with Distress Markers and my water brush and heat dried.  I rubbed a little Tea Dye Distress Ink over the surface, fussy cut and edged with Black Soot Distress Paint. 


I ran the tag through my sewing machine to add some fun texture with random stitching.  The quote is from the Think & Wonder stamp set.  I stamped the quote onto mixed-media paper with Jet Black Archival, distressed with Tea Dye DI, fussy cut, adhered to black card stock then adhered to my tag with matte multi-medium.  When the word bands where dry, I outlined them with Picket Fence Distress Marker and lightly smudged with my damp finger. 


I have a large envelope filled with unused tattered floral die cuts, cut from all kinds of different materials.  Here is a layered bloom with burlap paper, manila stock and corrugated cardboard.  OH--There's a little layered patch of stamped muslin fabric that I sewed onto the tag, too.  I've got a couple of details about that at my blog if you'd like to see.


Before I adhered my fussy cut young lady onto my tag, I gave the tag a spritz of Fired Brick DM with my air art tool, heat dried, then gave a splattering of Picket Fence Distress Paint with my splatter brush and heat set.  I then outlined the image of the woman I stamped on the tag with Picket Fence DM and smudged with my finger and adhered the fussy cut gal on top with matte multi-medium.  I topped the tag with a piece of stained seam binding and a trinket pin, then finished with a spritz of Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist and heat set. 

I hope you enjoyed my tag today!  With a couple of Artistic Outpost images and fun background techniques, you too, can create your own AO art!  You've still got until Tuesday, March 31st (11:55pm MDT) to enter your AO creations in to our monthly Show Us Your AO Art Challenge!  Come On! Show us Your AO Art!! 



Designer:  Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy

No comments: