December 11, 2014

Traditional Christmas

Wow I can't believe we are on the second week of December. I am really enjoying this month as I adore the build up to Christmas Eve. Today I would like to share a further Christmas card with you using the MidWinter stamp set from Artistic Outpost.
I love using the colour red in my Christmas cards, it adds a real traditional feel to the design. The background has been stamped with Vermillion Archival Ink using Tim Holtz Wallpaper background stamp.
I die cut a bauble from white card using a Spellbinders die, kept the die in place and then stamped the reindeer into place using Potting Soil and Vermillion Archival Inks. I also added a touch of shading to the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. For added interest I also included some delicate stencilled stars to the background of the bauble. I also included Christmas tickets from Tim Holtz Odds and Ends stamp set, again stamping with Vermillion Archival Ink.
I added vintage seam binding along with coordinated twine and added an enameled tag with a Christmas remnant rub added. Festive Foliage, coloured with Gold Alcohol Mixative adds a touch more interest to the bow detail.

Thanks so much for stopping by

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x

2 comments:

Deborah said...

What a glorious card! I love the mix of stamps you've used and that red is just perfect.

Hettie said...

This is wonderful Tracy. Well done!
xx