November 30, 2014

Snow Flurries

Linda here again with another Christmas card made with the wonderful Christmas Chalk stamp set.  I love the stylized deer and Christmas tree stamps from this set.  I started by making a panel stamped randomly with the pine bough stamp, stamped with Pine Needles distress ink and then spritzed with Brushed Pewter distress spray.  Using a snowflake texture fade, I embossed white CS and then sponged the high points and the edges with more Pine Needles DI.  Since I was on a roll with the Pine Needles, I also used it to do some of the stamping and sponged the pine needles die cuts with it too.

I made several die cuts using the Stacked Snowflakes die, one of which was embossed with the texture fade that came with my Layered Snowflake die.  That snowflake got the Pine Needles sponging treatment too. The next snowflake in the stack was cut from white CS that had been covered with Frosted Film and then given a coat of Brushed Pewter distress stain.  The small snowflake on the top of the stack was white CS painted with Brushed Pewter distress stain and then glittered with Pumice Stone distress glitter.

My bow is seam binding dyed with Distressed Pewter distress stain and embellished with a small silver tone snowflake and tiny jingle bell.

Thanks all for this week.  I hope you all had a great weekend!

Designer:  Linda Coughlin
The Funkie Junkie

No comments: