August 3, 2014

A Shabby Hello

Hi there, Linda back with my weekly Sunday make for Artistic Outpost, this week featuring the Whimsical Melange stamp set.  I had some fun with gesso and sepia archival ink, staring my tag by applying the sepia ink direct to paper and then brushing over that layer with gesso.  When the gesso was dry, I sanded the entire tag, revealing some of the sepia ink below.  Then I randomly stamped the images from the stamp set with sepia ink.  

I had the die cut from the Courtyard Frameworks die kicking around my desk, left over from a previous project.  It had been covered with Vintage Photo distress embossing powder, but I didn't like the way it looked so I dry brushed it with gesso and then rubbed some sepia ink over it.  The star has been in my scraps box for several years and I don't really remember how I made it, but it involved coating it with clear glue and then heating it with the heat tool until the glue bubbled.  That's all I remember about it.  I altered the metal pieces according to Candy Colwell's wonderful tutorial today at Frilly & Funkie.  The tiny 'Hello' stamp is from Serenity.

That's it for this week.  Thanks for stopping by...wishing you a wonderful week ahead.  

Designer:  Linda Coughlin

No comments: