April 10, 2014

Wonder and Think

Today I am showcasing the favulous THINK AND WONDER plate from Artistic Outpost.
I decided to go for a real feminine feel for this weeks piece, colouring the background of my tag with Spun Sugar and Broken China Distress Paints. I applied the paints with an old credit card and simply scraped the paint across the tag. To add a little more texture to the backdrop I embossed the background and added touches of Silver Treasure Wax to the raised areas.
I added the angelic little girl to two hearts which I coloured with Distress Paints, this time applying the paint to a non-stick craft sheet spritzing with water and then mopping up the colour with the hearts. I then stamped the girl with Potting Soil Archival Ink. A touch of burlap has been added behind the larger heart (a very kind gift from my fellow team member, Linda). To add further dimension I have also included three Bitty Blossoms, sanding the edges to reveal the core colour.
I have added touches of Lattice to the tag for further interest cut from white card using the Lattice Frameworks Die and colouring with Broken China Distress Paint. I also included a metal ornate embellishment and pretty button, again another generous gift from my fellow team member Linda.
Touches of background stamping have been added using the background stamp from the BIRDS OF A FEATHER plate and Potting Soil Archival Ink.
To complete I have added the Wonder and Think sentiment to the bottom of my tag again coloured with touches of Distress Paint.

Thanks so much for stopping by

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans

1 comment:

Redanne said...

I love the gorgeous feminine colours and wonderful layering on your beautiful tag.