April 3, 2014

Go Together

Once again I am using the Think and Wonder plate for my DT piece for Artistic Outpost, this is now becoming one of my favourite plates!
The background on my card has been created with Spiced Marmalade and Salty Ocean Distress Inks, applying them to a non-stick craft sheet, spritzing with water and then mopping up the beads of ink with the card.
I added texture to the backdrop, applying Embossing Paste coloured with Salty Ocean Distress Paint through a Prima stencil. I thought the sentiment from the Chalkboard Wisdom plate was perfect for the two girls. I stamped with Aquamarine Archival Ink and coloured the edges with Salty Ocean Distress Ink. Two banners have been added to the top of the card for added interest, again coloured with Distress Inks.
I added circles to the backdrop by simply inking lids of differing sizes with ink and stamping onto the background, love this effect. I also added horizontal lines to ground the two little girls using the edges of an acrylic block inked with Salty Ocean Distress Ink.
Background stamping has been added for a further layer of interest.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans



4 comments:

Deborah said...

An amazing background - it contrasts beautifully with the deep black of their coats.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh my! This is fantastic, Tracy. I really love the fresh spring colors and your background is truly outstanding! The stenciling is beautiful and I love the lid rings!

Hugs,
Linda

Words and Pictures said...

I so love this card - absolutely delicious!
Alison x

akmoose said...

Awesome card. Love the stencil!